Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Update

Woah okay so I haven't posted on my blog in a while. Sorry I have been pretty busy. Today I'm going to the German authorities to get my Visa since I didn't have to get a Visa before I came. Im in the third week of the language school at CASA. Next week will be my last week. I have learned a lot. The course is pretty hard because the whole lesson is in German. Someone will say "What?" and what does the teacher do? Explain it more in German ;) Lots of fun haha. But I really have learned so much in a short amount of time. I have my first German test in the course this Friday so I have kind of been freaking out because I honestly have no idea what to expect. My class has eight people in it. The class has people from Australia, the United States (a girl from California and I), Iran, Brazil, Italy, Argentina, and Spain. Its so cool how even in that class there are people from so many different countries and continents. I love getting to know everyone and learn more about their culture. Today the class is going to a Mexican restaurant so that will be fun.

Today I will also get to watch my two neighbors Johann and Liah who are five years old and seven years old. They are moving, so while their parents move everything into their new house my host mom and I will do activities with the kids. Johann and Liah are so cute. Whenever they are outside playing I normally go out to talk to them. Its hard to talk to them because they only know German and Im just learning German so most of the time I just say "Uh-huh" and smile :-) They had a going away party and they invited us, so I made them a cake that said Johann and Liah on it. They really liked that.

This weekend Im going to Oldenburg which is about forty minutes away from my house and that is where the first Inbound Orientation will be. All of the exchange students in District 1850 will meet up and have a big sleepover in Oldenburg. Im very excited for it. Getting to meet all of the exchange students (we have about 80 total) will be so fun. Also getting to trade pins will be so cool too. Ah I'm very excited!

After the last week of language school at CASA I will go to a real German Highschool. Im excited and nervous for it. Excited to meet everyone, but nervous of how school will go with my level of German. Its getting better, but obviously still not fluent in 3 weeks at the language school. Im more excited than nervous though.

Also on October 10th I have to go to Oldenburg again and I have an oral German test given by Rotary. I have also been really preparing for this, and I hope I do alright. I found out the dates and cities for the Germany tour. Normally you have to pay for the Germany tour, but my district is nice enough to pay for us. Our district is one of the only ones that do that. Im so excited. They split the district into two different tours. Im on the second tour which is October 24th to the 29th. On the tour we will go to Cologne, Marburg, Eisenach, Warburg, Weiman, Bucehnwald, Berlin, Wolfsburg, Autostadt, then return back to Bremen. I think the tour will be so much fun. Getting to get closer with the exchange students on the tour while touring amazing cities. The exchange students say during the tours you get so close to everyone.

Okay so thats a little update of what I have been doing and will do :-)



This was in Oldenburg at an art garden, and they opened the gallery at night and lit everything up.




Also in Oldenburg


Taking selfies with my selfie stick. Caroline my host sister




I finally got film for my polaroid camera so of course we had to take a picture!


This was at an open air orchestra concert in Bremen. Every year they have it and they sell the big candles and during the concert you light it up and the money goes toward the orchestra. The concert was so nice even though it was raining. They also had fireworks at the end with the orchestra playing.


Some of the German that I practice

No comments:

Post a Comment