Friday, August 7, 2015

I LEAVE TOMORROW?!

Well the time has come. August 8th. The day I leave for Germany. Last time I posted I was supposed to leave August 15th-22nd, but my host family was nice enough to invite me to an island off The Netherlands with them. How crazy that I will be in Germany for a little while and a week later I will go on vacation with my host family. I am so excited!

Tomorrow I will leave from Arkansas at 12:40PM and land in Houston then about an hour later I leave Texas and fly 10 hours to Frankfurt and when I land in Frankfurt it will be around 8AM and I will wait 4 hours for a one hour flight to Bremen which will be the last stop! Long day of traveling for sure!

I am so excited to meet my host family they have been so nice and talking to me so much. I have my Rotary blazer to wear to the airport and it already has tons of pins from the SCRYE weekend in Tulsa in January. For those of you that don't know part of Rotary Youth Exchange is you wear a navy blue blazer (the blazer color depends on your country) for example France has a lighter blue blazer. With wearing your blazer you have pins to trade with other exchange students, and when you give someone a pin they will give you one back and you add the pins to your blazer. I have over 200 pins to trade in Germany, so hopefully I will get lots of pins to add to my blazer :-)

Tonight I'm spending my last night with my family watching my favorite show "Big Brother". Also some last minute packing. YAY. I was surprised at how much of my clothes actually fit into my suitcase. When I started packing, I just threw tons of clothes and shoes on the dining room table knowing that half of it would not fit in my suitcase. Well space bags really help. Wow. They are so cool. I also bought a scale on Amazon that will weigh my suitcases and they are all under the weight requirements so thats all good. :-)

The next time I update my blog I will be in Germany!!!! HOW CRAZY!!!!!!!!!
I am so excited to start my exchange in Germany.


3 comments:

  1. Let the adventures begin!! Daddy and I are very proud of you and will love you always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have safe travels and a wonderful adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mrs. Harp! Right now I am updating my blog on what has gone on so far in Germany so stay posted :)

      Delete